Day 2 from radio row is in the books! The guys at the LA Football Network were excited to welcome Solomon Wilcots, Dr. Michael Banffy, E.J. Johnston, and Darren Sproles onto the show.
Mentioned in the episode, MACI – Cartilage Repair Using Your Own Cells
- Each year, more than 12 million people visit the doctor’s office because of knee pain — half of them with damage to cartilage.
- More than a half-million cartilage repair surgical procedures are performed in the U.S. each year.
- December 2021 marked the 5-year anniversary for MACI. MACI is an innovative treatment option that harnesses the power of a patient’s own cells to create a durable repair tissue.
- In clinical studies, MACI demonstrated greater improvement in pain and function compared to microfracture, and these results were maintained out to five years, demonstrating the long-term benefits.
- With rehab, MACI restores joint function as early as 6 months after procedure and may help get you back to pre-injury sports-based recreational activities such as distance running, skiing, or tennis at about 6 to 9 months following surgery.
- Last year approximately 1,500 orthopedic surgeons harvested a MACI biopsy, a number that has grown over 30% over the last 2 years.
- MACI is covered by most insurance plans. UnitedHealthcare has recently expanded its medical policy for MACI to include coverage for patients with symptomatic full-thickness cartilage defects on the patella a particularly troublesome area to have a cartilage injury.
Visit www.maci.com to find a specialist in your area!
Golden Road Brewery: https://www.goldenroad.la/
TickPick is the official ticket partner of the LA Football Network: https://www.tickpick.com/LAFB
Betting Partners: https://linktr.ee/lafbbettingoffers
Ramily Rally Towel: https://lafbnetwork.com/product/ramily-rally-towel/