The Los Angeles Chargers and the San Francisco 49ers are gearing up for an exciting preseason matchup at Levi’s Stadium. Both teams are aiming to fine-tune their strategies and evaluate their talent before the regular season kicks off. Get ready for a thrilling display of athleticism and skill as these two squads go head-to-head.
Chargers/49ers Prop Bet. Make your Pick.
The Chargers, representing the AFC West, currently hold a record of 1-1-0 in the preseason. The Chargers offense will be led by their backup quarterback, Easton Stick. He has had an up-and-down performance in the first two preseason games, throwing for just 342 yards on 62 attempts, one touchdown, and two interceptions. But he has also run for two touchdowns and six first downs. Keep an eye on running back Elijah Dotson, who has already scored two touchdowns and rushed for 113 yards. Wide receivers Keelan Doss and Terrell Bynum will also be key targets for Stick.
On the other side of the field, the 49ers, representing the NFC West, have a record of 1-1-0 in the preseason. The 49ers quarterback situation always seems to be in flux and it will heading into this game. Sam Darnold has been named the backup and trade rumors are swirling around Trey Lance. Lance has played the most QB snaps for the 49ers so far this offseason. But there are questions if he will even be with the team for the game.
Running back Tyrion Davis-Price has been instrumental in the ground game, with 51 rushing yards at a 3.9 yards per carry pace so far. Wide receiver Ronnie Bell will be looking to make big plays in the passing game, having already caught 10 receptions for 172 yards, second most in the preseason by a wide receiver.
This preseason encounter promises to be an exhilarating showdown between these two California rivals. With both teams eager to showcase their depth and talent, expect a competitive and high-scoring affair on the field.
The game is scheduled to take place at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California. Catch the action on the NFL Network on Thursday, August 26, at 7:00 PM PST.
Key Points to Watch For in Chargers/49ers:
- Rookie Performances: Keep an eye on Chargers rookies Quentin Johnston, Tulu Tuipulotu, Daiyan Henley, and Elijah Dotson as they impressed with their performances against the Saints.
- Offensive Tackle Depth: The Chargers’ depth at offensive tackle will be put to the test. Can backup tackles Foster Sarell and Austen Pleasants step up and solidify the position?
- Jaylon Moore‘s Performance: Watch how Jaylon Moore handles the left tackle role for the 49ers, as he looks to improve after struggling in the preseason.
- Defensive Edge Rushers: With Nick Bosa holding out, Clelin Ferrell, Austin Bryant, and Drake Jackson will have the opportunity to showcase their skills as edge rushers for the 49ers.
- Offensive Line Protection: Pay attention to how both teams’ offensive lines protect their quarterbacks, as they face consistent pressure.
Los Angeles Chargers: No reported injuries.
San Francisco 49ers: No reported injuries.
Get ready for an action-packed preseason battle between the Chargers/49ers. Tune in to the NFL Network on Thursday, August 26, at 7:00 PM PST to witness the excitement unfold at Levi’s Stadium.